What Can I Do Now?
FIRST THING: Check out our MISSION STATEMENT!
So, we had a Tea Party in front of the Alamo! It was one of the biggest–possibly THE biggest–in the country. But now, it’s over. What to do next…?
Send a copy of The Contract with the U.S. Constitution to those officials who have not signed it and FOLLOW UP with them to make the answer the question: WHY NOT?”
Here are some other suggestions we put out just after the Tax Day Tea Party to help hold the politicians feet to the fire:
1. Register on the San Antonio Tea Party website for our emails. Use the signup button in the upper left corner.
2. Consider a financial donation for future events. The Tax Day Tea Party alone cost about $110,000. (These things ain’t always cheap.) But the politicians never give up. This is going to be a long-haul, an on-going thing.
Want to get more involved? We have several areas where we need help right now. We need 1 other person who knows how to use wordpress to help out with our Tiger Teams.
Email Us if you would like to help out in any way.
3. Register to Vote! DO IT NOW! If don’t get involved, you have no right to complain. If you are registered, make sure that those who believe as you do are too!
4. Educate yourself. Know your rights and duties as an American citizen. Consult these fine sources
The 912 Project – The goal of the 912 Project is to bring us back to where we were as a people on September 12, 2001.
The Texas 912 Project – The Texas 912 Project is the “Texas” version of the 912 project. Please sign up for this one! It will allow us to network on state legislative issues.
The Heritage Foundation – This is a great source for information on issues such as entitlements, tax policy, spending, etc.
Wallbuilders – “Presenting Americas forgotten history and heroes with an emphasis on our moral, religious, and constitutional heritage. This is a source for general education on Constitutional government and about the Founders’ vision for American government.
5. Stay involved – Keep involved with the San Antonio Tea Party, or the local Tea Party organization in your area. Bookmark this site and check back often for new updates.
6. Consider joining other grass roots organizations that deal with subjects you are concerned with, such as the following:
Texans Uniting for Reform and Freedom – Texas TURF, fighting to preserve our freedom of mobility, to protect private property rights, and to restrain overbearing, unresponsive government. If you like Terri Hall’s speech, go check them out.
Campaign for Liberty – Campaign for Liberty seeks a return to Constitutional government.
Americans for Prosperity – Americans for Prosperity champions the taxpayers bill of rights, property tax appraisal reform, lower taxes, etc.
American Solutions – American Solutions is Newt Gingrich’s latest effort. If you’re a fan of his, check it out.
Grassfire – Very informative on current issues and they make it easy to have instant impact.
(Note: This is not a comprehensive list. There are other great organizations-you might find the perfect fit if you just look!
7. Contact your local, county, state, and national representatives. Write them! Call them! Let them know if you approve OR disapprove of what they are doing. Be specific. Be polite.
8. Vote ONLY for those representatives that actually support (i.e. vote for) your values. We all agree that we need to VOTE OUT those representatives that do not! And let them know which you are planning to do and why.
REMEMBER… One battle did not win our country’s freedom from tyranny. You must commit to the fight for as long as it takes to defend our liberty…. your forefathers did!
This content is published under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Please honor attribution.